Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
This appetizer, or dessert as you may say, is very different in my perspective in comparison to other sandwiches because it is fairly crunchy on the outside and chewy on the outside, while hot entirely. It's quick and easy, about 10 minutes, and I guarantee it will be a hit.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 mcintosh apple, thinly sliced
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Slowly simmer the butter in a small pan over low heat (the more butter the more juice).
- Add all of the dry ingredients at once, stir and bring the heat up to medium.
- Add the apple slices, evenly distributed throughout the pan.
- Add walnuts and raisins.
- Stir gently until the apples are soft.
- On the two slices of bread, spread 1 teaspoon of honey on each slice.
- Toast bread in toaster oven until lightly brown, remember to flip bread.
- Add the apple mixture, get as much of the juices as possible, between the slices of bread and, of course, enjoy! You can always a scoop of ice cream for best taste.