Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another cute recipe from Hershey's chocolate. Kids love to make these and they make great gifts.
- 3⁄4 cup hershey' s cocoa powder or 3⁄4 cup hershey' s special dark cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, melted and divided
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup reese's peanut butter chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 13×9×2-inch baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour; stir until blended. Stir in peanut butter chips. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of foil. Cool completely in pan. Cover; refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan; remove foil. Cut into snowmen shapes with cookie cutters or cut into squares. Just before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.