This is really satisfying on a cold day. It's creamy but low fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups 1-inch cubes peeled potatoes
- 2 cups chopped, seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, cut in thin diagonal slices
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 4 cups hot cooked rice (preferably basmati)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- 2Add onion, cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add curry powder, cumin and crushed red pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Add milk; bring to boil.
- 5Add potatoes and 1 cup tomatoes.
- 6Cover; simmer until potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- 7Add broccoli, carrots and cauliflower.
- 8Cover; simmer until all vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Divide rice among 4 plates.
- 11Top with curry.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup tomatoes and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (575 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 147.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g