Recipe by 2hyper
These cookies are a shortbread type cookie that are fantastic for cookie cutters. We use them for all special holidays using festive cutters and use colored sugars depending on the season. This was my grandmother's recipe so it has been passed down to at least the third generation. My daughters help me with cutting them out and decorating. Great family activity. Enjoy
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw butter to room temperature.
- Cream butter and all dry ingredients.
- Use your hands and work dough kneading it together into a smooth consistency.
- Roll out dough on well-floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- The more you work the dough the easier it will be to work with.
- Using floured cookie cutters, cut out your desired shapes.
- Use a floured spatula to pick them up and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Using the parchment paper allows for easy clean up of sugar sprinkles.
- Add desired colored sugar sprinkles to each cookie and press lightly.
- Bake in oven at 325°F for approximately 15 minutes.
- They cook faster if they are more spaced out and ensure room for some expansion.