Recipe by Amis
A lovely marinated cheese spread. Cooleeney is similar to camembert. Note: Prepare this ahead as it must rest for 24 hours and then chill 30 minutes before serving. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 7 ounces cooleeney cheese (200 gram round)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 4 ounces finely chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Cooleeney and wine in a bowl or plastic container.
- Cover and leave for 24 hours.
- The next day, drain off the wine.
- Combine the Cooleeney, butter, and a dash of Tabasco sauce in the bowl of a food processor and process 20 to 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball and smooth.
- Flatten to resemble its original shape.
- Toast the almonds under the broiler until golden brown.
- Roll the top and sides of the cheese into the almonds, patting them onto the cheese with your hands.
- Refrigerate until firm. Remove cheese from refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with cracker or biscuits.