Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first had this at dinner as a young wife on top of the World Trade Center on a night out on the town in New York City... it's very refreshing and I craved it a LOT when I was pregnant the next many months!
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced very thin
- Separate orange sections (and remove the white membrane, if you have the patience to do so).
- Sprinkle with salt to taste - 1/2 TO 1 full teaspoon.
- Sprinkle ground cumin, again to your own taste.
- Add rings of very thin slices of red onion.
- Let sit at room temperature to sweat the oranges a little [or add some orange juice].
- This is a good side dish for beef - and it's good for breakfast, too!