Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are SO good. I make using the feta cheese sice I can't seem to find the cotija, but I bet they would be even better with that cheese. The recipe says they make 6 quesadillas, but I usually get 8-10.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Cotija cheese (may use feta, crumbled)
- 2 -3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and salt and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl. Add the corn, black beans and tomatoes and let stand until cool, about 20 minutes. Stir in the Monterey jack and cotija cheeses, the jalapeños and cilantro.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of the black bean mixture on each tortilla, then top each with another tortilla. cook, over medium heat, turning the quesadillas once, until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each into quarters. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa. Repeat to assemble and cook the remaining quesadillas. Serves 6.