Recipe by Cookin In Texas
I got allot of these, I bought tons of recipe boxes from an auction recently, they are all on hand written index cards. NOTE: none of these have time or servings on them so I am guesstimating those.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 3⁄4 cups tap water, hot
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Into large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in milk and melted margarine.
- Hand blend in walnuts.
- Spread in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa over the batter in pan.
- Pour hot water over entire batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until batter is set and sauce bubbles.
- Let cool before slicing. this makes its own chocolate sauce.