Recipe by drhousespcatcher
by Carol Martino This mixture is non-toxic and it will not harm any animal, but will succeed in keeping them away. This probably will not work for birds (birds do not have a sense of smell.) Recommended by our local wildlife rehabber.
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop up the onion and the pepper. Mix together and boil in 2 quarts of water for about 20 minute
- Let cool, and strain the water through a cheesecloth.
- Using a garden sprayer, spray any area outside where wild animals or even neighborhood pets are being a nuisance. This process may have to be carried out for a period of 2 weeks to ensure success.
- A note from philocrates:.
- I am not sure about Rats. Why? Rats have been known to eat anything that tastes good no matter what it smells like. They have proven in studies that they have a couple more "Senses" than normal critters. Due to this I doubt it will work on the rat population. IF that is your problem, please call an exterminator as fast as you can for your safety.