Recipe by Chef mariajane
This sounds like it would be a terrific salad to try, this is not one that I've tried as yet, but is on the list!!
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup wild rice
- coarse salt
- 2 fresh poblano peppers
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, from about 3 ears of corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice and 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is al dente, and some grains have split, 45-50 minutes. Drain.
- Roast poblanos directly over a gas stove burner, or under a broiler, turning often with tongs, until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand for 15 minutes. Rub poblanos with a paper towel, to remove skins. Cut down the side of each poblano and remove seeds. Cut into 1/2 inch dice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add poblanos, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in corn, and cook for 3 minutes. Add wild rice and black beans, stirring to coat and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a bowl. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, abotu 1 hour. Stir in scallions, cilantro, and lime juice.