Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I love wild rice and this is an extremely easy way to prepare it. I don't know why this is called 'Minnesota Style' since this is the way it's done in Wisconsin as well! This goes great with roast duck, chicken and cornish hens. Adapted from 'The New York Times Cook Book'.
- 4 -5 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups wild rice, washed
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1 pimiento, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place all ingredients except 1 cup of the stock into a 6-cup greased casserole.
- Cover tightly and bake about 1 1/2 hours, adding more stock as necessary.
great flavor & couldn't have been easier. I actually had this on my menu for xmas eve as an alternative to boring mashed potatoes with my turkey. I chose to convert to crockpot though and it worked GREAT! I followed the directions here, then threw everything in and had the crock on high for 3 hours.
I used Parrot Head Mama's suggestion and used the crockpot as well...turned out fantastic. Thanks!