Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
More a smoothie then a shake, this recipe comes from the vegetarian times complete cookbook and is amazing for breakfast, brunch, and sleep overs! =)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla yogurt (You can also use plain, just add a little honey.)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice, from concentrate
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glasses and serve. (Opt. garnish with orange slices or sprig of mint).
When I doubled this recipe for the 2 of us, I also made a small change ~ I used frozen vanilla yogurt to give the drink even more of a frosty chill, & I did leave out the optional cinnamon! Still had a great tasting morning beverage! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]