Recipe by Pikake21
This is a quick weeknight ravioli dish that I grabbed from the show Everyday Italian. Sure, it's not homemade ravioli, but that's the quick part about it ;)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 (11 ounce) packagewild mushroom ravioli
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the pine nuts on a heavy baking sheet, toast until fragrant. about 7 minutes. Let cool.
- (I toast in a dry fry pan on the stove top until golden brown).
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt water.
- Add the ravioli and boil until until they are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, drain.
- (Once ravioli rises to the top of the boiling water, give it another couple of minutes it is done).
- In a large heavy frying pan melt the butter over medium high heat until pale golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add the basil leaves and cook until crisp.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teas. salt and 1/2 teas. black pepper.
- Add the cooked ravioli to the butter mixture, toss in pine nuts, sprinkle in basil leaves and top with some grated parm-reggiano.
- Place on plates or in a covered casserole dish for serving.
- Serve with grated cheese at the table.