Recipe by LilPinkieJ
I do not like goose liver pate. This is excellent pate, with a wild nutty flavor. I'd bet it would be very good with some toasted walnuts too.
Top Review by Taryn23
I ended up serving this warm because as I was cooking, I kept sneaking tastes and it was so wonderful fresh from the skillet... I used organic shiitake mushrooms bought that day from our local farmers market and the dish turned out amazing.
- cooking spray
- 12 ounces mushrooms, coarsely chopped (shiitake, portobello, or white button)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and vegetable stock. Cook, covered, over medium heat until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Cook until all vegetables are very tender and all liquid absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Process mushroom mixture and cheese in food processor until smooth. Add lemon juice.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Spoon pate into crock, and serve with toasted bread slices or crackers.