Recipe by HappyMommy1422
This can be served as an appetizer or during a meal. The recipe came from a Pillsbury holiday appetizer cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms (shiitake, portobello or cremini)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (17x12 inch)
- nonstick cooking spray
- fresh chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chives, cheese, salt and spices.
- Mix well.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Unroll phyllo sheets and cover with plastic wrap or a towel.
- Place one sheet on work surface; spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer two more sheets, spaying each with nonstick spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through all sheets making 12 squares.
- Place about 1 heaping teaspoon of the mushroom mixture in the center of each square.
- Bring up the edges of the pastry; twist together in a circular motion to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining three phyllo sheets and mushroom mixture.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tie a chive stem around each bundle before serving.