Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A yummy breakfast dish
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries, washed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, cottage cheese, egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl of liquid ingredients.
- Fold in well-drained blueberries.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto hot non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- When bubbles begin to burst on first side, flip and cook other side of pancake until golden brown.
- Serve warm.