Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great holiday salad. It is delicious and looks beautiful served on a platter or big bowl. Pomegranate seeds are so good. I got this recipe years ago from Sunset magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate juice (or 3/4 cup pomegranate juice boiled until reduced to 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup toasted walnut halves
- 8 ounces mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- salt and pepper
- Whisk together pomegranate juice concentrate, oil, orange juice, vinegar, lemon peel and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix salad greens with vinaigrette.
- Divide greens on 6 to 8 salad plates or large platter.
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts, bleu cheese and pomegranate seeds.
Just served this at a girls only "re-gift" Christmas gift exchange party and it got rave reviews! Make it easy on yourselves though, use jar pomegranate juice and oj. I also tossed in candied walnuts from TJ's, and already shelled seeds. Way easier! Must reduce pomegranate juice for the dressing though! Wonderful recipe!
Nice salad! Just remember it's some work getting the pomegranates shelled.
This is a very pretty salad! I used feta instead of blue cheese (personal preference) otherwise made as stated. This salad could also have lots of variations, I could see mandarin oranges pairing well with the dressing and using pecans instead of walnuts. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT6.