This is like your grandmother's cherry pie, but with a kick! I told my DH it wouldn't be summer unless I created a new margarita, and let me tell you, this one rocks!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen pitted tart cherries (or may use drained canned pitted pie cherries, frozen after draining)
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces mixto tequila (or whichever type of tequila you prefer)
- 2 fluid ounces cherry juice or 2 fluid ounces cherry syrup
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 fluid ounce triple sec or 1 fluid ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 2 cups ice (more or less to achieve consistency)
- 1 stemmed maraschino cherry, to garnish (optional)
- Place liquid ingredients in the bottom of your blender (do not add ice first or you will jam the blades).
- Add ice.
- Puree until ice is smooth and margarita is thick and creamy, adding ice to achieve consistency if necessary.
- Pour into a frosted margarita glass, garnish with maraschino cherry, and enjoy!
This is great! DH said it was a littel tart, but I like it on the tart side. I might add some juice from the maraschino jar instead of the juice from the canned tart cherries. I also tried cherry juice but it was still pretty tart. I also made a virgin version by subbing OJ for the alcohol.
I LOVE THESE!! The are soooo good!! I used fresh pitted cherries, Patron tequila, maraschino cherry juice, triple sec, and lots of ice!! THis is my summer drink this year... I will have the ingredients all season! Thanks!
This was an excellent Margarita. Loved the cherry flavor. I might add a little extra tequila next time. It made enough for 2 servings. Thanks so much