Recipe by WicklewoodWench
These cookies were inspired byDebloves2cook ‘s recipe for “Yummy Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies” Yummy Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies, which sounded delicious, and indeed my family loved, but I could not have as they were not gluten free. However, by subtle tweaking, I think I have developed a cookie that is moist chewy sweet and safe for coeliacs,,,but not for my poor diabetic husband….All say ahh, but if I am feeling generous and willing to share, I could always substitute the sugar for artificial sweetener. But always use a pudding mix that is gluten free, such as Angel Delight.
- 170.09 g butter, softened
- 340.19 g soft brown sugar
- 56.69 g honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 283.49 g gluten-free flour, mix
- 4.92 ml gf baking powder
- 2.46 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1000 g buckwheat flakes
- 2 (132 g) packets butterscotch pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar gradually beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and stir, add to the butter and egg mixture, mix well.
- Take golf ball sizes bits of dough and roll between clean hands, place on a lined baking sheet.
- Flatten balls slightly with the back of a wet fork.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.