Recipe by Zeke Koch
A wondeful vegan crisp that's my favorite way to kick off fall. Perfect for eating in bed with a carton of soy dream and your loved ones.
- 5 crisp apples (I prefer Yellow Banana)
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Core and slice the apples thin.
- Mix with walnuts, spices, water and lemon juice.
- Layer the apple mixture into 8 small custard dishes or one large pie pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients for the topping.
- Then cut margarine into the flour until the pieces are pea sized.
- Add the soymilk and mix together (the mixture should be fairly dry and crumbly).
- Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.