This can be adjusted to tastes & heat levels by the amount of jalapenos used and whether or not you keep the seeds... or heck, try chipotles....or habaneros...;) You could even sub pepperjack! This was swiped & adjusted from one of the recipes that landed in my inbox.
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise, real
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 6 -8 fresh jalapenos, to taste, remove seeds if desired, chopped finely
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated, divided (or similar)
- Spray 1 1/2 qt casserole dish with oil.
- Mix pimiento, artichokes, mayonnaise, green chilies, jalapenos, Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Spoon into a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4c shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers or baguette bread slices.