1 hr 20 mins
L'il Bit's Note:
I have never made these before- in fact, they are cooking right now as I am trying this. I modified the original recipe to include brown sugar- sorta an afterthought(which called for just 2 c. white sugar) when I had already added the 2 c. white sugar. Anyway, you might find that the bread is too sweet with all that sugar or you may like it if you enjoy really sweet breads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely grated peeled loosely packed zucchini
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup currant raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- 3Add sugar, oil and vanilla to eggs and beat until thick.
- 4Stir in zucchini.
- 5Sift together dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture; mix well.
- 6In a small bag, mix together 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp flour.
- 7Dredge the nuts and raisins thoroughly in flour and sugar mixture to keep them from settling to the bottom of the bread.
- 8Stir the nuts and raisins into the mixture.
- 9Pour into two greased and lightly floured 9 x 5 x 3 inch bread pans or 2 muffin tins (yield 24 muffins).
- 10Bake 1 hour or until done.
- 11Heat the 3 tbsp sugar in a small dish and add the sugar.
- 12Baste the bread or muffin tops with the mixture when they appear to have around 5 minutes left baking.
- 13It makes a really nice crunchy, sugary crust.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Zucchini Raisin Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g