Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From BC Whole Grains cookbook.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat granola
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free honey (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup natural no-sugar-added peanut butter (optional)
- Lightly oil waffle iron (if needed) and preheat.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy, then add remaining waffle ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle iron (your manufacturer's guide should say how much since waffle irons are different sizes).
- Bake about 5 minutes or until the steaming stops.
- Keep extras warm while making the remaining batter. And while waffles bake, mix honey with peanut butter and microwave about 30 seconds to 1 minute to soften it up. Stir to mix.
- Top waffles with butter and drizzle with peanut-honey topping.