Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Add some extra nutrition to your morning meal. Prepare batter the night before and you can just plug in the waffle iron and GO in the morning! I'm not including this in the prep time, but batter does need to be prepared at least several hours ahead of time.
- 1 cup milk (can use lowfat or skim)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 2⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs (or equivalent)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Heat milk, water, butter and honey to 120F (48C) In large mixing bowl, combine flour, eggs, yeast, salt, and warmed milk mixture
- Mix at low to moisten, then med-high for 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally
- Preheat Waffle maker and set oven temp to"warm"
- Pour 1/2 cup (125 ml) batter over grids
- Close waffle maker gently and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-4 min)
- Remove waffle with a fork and place on a baking sheet so you can keep them warm in the oven while the others cook
- Serve with your favorite topping and Enjoy!
These are so good. I use a high protein fresh ground flour (Prairie Gold) so they are very filling.