Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Finally a waffle that sticks to your ribs. The added protein powder adds great flavor.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth & pour into hot waffle iron.
- I have made them in both a rectangle & round waffle maker, I prefer the rectangle shape because they are easier to reheat in the toaster. The protein powder adds an additional 13 calories per waffle.
this recipe was very good. my wife & toddler both loved it! To the recipe, I added:3 tablespoons chia seeds, 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds, an extra 1/4 cup milk (my batter was a little thick), 1 tablespoon lemon juice (helps soften the whole wheat flour). I also held out the egg whites and allowed the batter to sit for about 15 minutes, then whipped the egg whites and folded them into the batter just before cooking. Will definitely make these again.
I loved these even more than their more fattening "all purpose" counter-part! They are super easy to prepare and taste great. We even added chocolate chips and bluberries.
Very good, even without any sugar! I couldn't believe it, thought for sure it was a typo. These puffed up to be the fattest waffles I've ever SEEN! Could be because I mixed the batter up the night before. Even so, these will probably become my go-to recipe for waffles. Thanks!