Recipe by alijen
Easy cookies that offer the goodness of whole wheat and are sweetened with Splenda to lower sugar. Just don't be tempted to eliminate the all-purpose flour completely or the cookies will turn out too heavy.
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips or 2⁄3 cup peanut butter chips or 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips or 2⁄3 cup additional raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and baking powder until well blended.
- With mixer on low, gradually add the whole-wheat and all-purpose flours.
- Stir in, by hand, the raisins and/or chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes (edges lightly browned).