Recipe by SteenyAlls
These are super yummy! They are healthy too! The pineapple makes them nice and moist! The butter is the perfect complement to them! I could eat it by itself, it's so tasty!! :) (you'll probably want to double it.)
Top Review by Darkhunter
Really, really good! It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it goes together very quickly. I did with pecans, and without, so my family and friends could choose. Thnx for sharing your recipe, SteenyAlls. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat (or, another brand unrefined sugar. )
- 1⁄4 coconut oil (or butter.)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (you can use all-pupose and omit the gluten, but that'll take away from the nutrition and make it see)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I used a little less than 1/2, because I used sea salt.)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained. (1 cup after being drained.)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole wheat pastry flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease or line muffin pan. (I recommend greasing it, they really stick to the papers.)
- In a large bowl beat together the sucanat, egg, yogurt, and vanilla 'til nice and creamy. While it mixes, put together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well. Stir in the pineapple and coconut. (you would add the pecans at this point, too.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the butter:.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend 'til smooth. Slather on warm muffins for a really tasty treat!