Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are super yummy! They are healthy too! The pineapple makes them nice and moist! The butter is the perfect complement to them! I could eat it by itself, it's so tasty!! :) (you'll probably want to double it.)
- 1⁄3 cup sucanat (or, another brand unrefined sugar. )
- 1⁄4 coconut oil (or butter.)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (you can use all-pupose and omit the gluten, but that'll take away from the nutrition and make it see)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I used a little less than 1/2, because I used sea salt.)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained. (1 cup after being drained.)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease or line muffin pan. (I recommend greasing it, they really stick to the papers.)
- In a large bowl beat together the sucanat, egg, yogurt, and vanilla 'til nice and creamy. While it mixes, put together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well. Stir in the pineapple and coconut. (you would add the pecans at this point, too.).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the butter:.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend 'til smooth. Slather on warm muffins for a really tasty treat!
Really, really good! It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it goes together very quickly. I did with pecans, and without, so my family and friends could choose. Thnx for sharing your recipe, SteenyAlls. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
What fun! I had 53 women around this week for my annual Pink Ribbon Breakfast - raising funds for breast cancer research - and these muffins were such a hit! I even had some tasters swearing there was tequila in there - which there wasn't! I used moist flaked coconut, and I used fresh pineapple, and this produced lovely moist mmuffins. I made these muffins a couple of weeks before the function and froze them, individually wrapped in cling wrap- and they came up like fresh after a few minutes in a cool oven. Great recipe - thank you - now a standard recipe in my files!! Tricia in Oz
I thought for healthy muffins, these were great! I live in the keys so I used my own coconuts. The butter you add to the top is awesome! I didn't have agave nectar so I used honey and it turned out wonderful. I want to make that butter to put on other things too. Thanks for a great healthy treat.