Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My own recipe for whole wheat pasta and light Kilbaska in a tomato garlic sauce, serves 8.
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) boxronzoni whole wheat penne (rigate)
- 1 lb light polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
- parmesan cheese
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, sautée the garlic, onion and bell pepper in olive oil.
- If you need more moisture, use Pam cooking spray.
- When tender add diced tomatoes, basil, sweetener, and sliced kielbasa to tomato mixture. Heat through.
- Drain pasta, toss with tomato mixture.
- top with Parmasan cheese.
- serve with warm garlic bread and green salad.
Pretty good. Quick & easy. No fancy ingredients. Good comfort food. Be generous with the seasoning.