Recipe by Bergy
This is a very healthy recipe that your family will love for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you wish, heat the fruit with the sweetener, to serve over the pancakes. Use any variety of berries for your topping
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
Very tasty delicious pancakes. The whole family loved the flavor! The pancakes came up nice and fluffy. The almonds in the pancake batter gave it a good crunch. It was a little time consuming for being pancakes, but worth the work. My only complaint would be that it only made 4 small pancakes. If I were to make again I would double or triple the batter amount. I also would probably warm the berries up in the microwave for a little bit. The pancakes were delicious though! My son said it was 10 stars! The family did agree that it was not quite enough to feed more then 2 people. Thanks so much! Made for RSC#12
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries, rinsed and cleaned
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups raspberries, rinsed & cleaned
- 4 tablespoons splenda brown sugar substitute
- 1 cup mascarpone or 2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, baking powder and almonds.
- Whisk together the honey, milk and oil.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until stiff but not dry.
- Add milk mixture to the flour, stir gently to form a batter - do not beat or over mix.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites gently.
- Let it rest for a few minutes.
- While it is resting combine your berries and banana with the Splenda. Refrigerate the fruit until ready to serve.
- Ladle your batter by spoonfuls onto a non stick skillet over medium heat, when bubbles start to form on one side flip and cook the underside.
- Remove and keep warm in the oven until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Serve the pancakes with the fruit on top with a generous topping of Mascarpone or whipped cream.