Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heart healthy and delicious. Made in a blender!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 tablespoons light butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- DRY: Blend 1/2 cup oats on HI until they reach a powdery consistency. Put blended oats into a bowl with remaining oats and set aside. Blend the remainder of dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Add to oats.
- WET: Blend banana, milk, eggs, vanilla, and butter on LO until smooth.
- COMBINE: Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, and stir until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- COOK: Pour onto hot waffle iron and serve immediately. Or, place baked waffles into a 200 degree oven until all waffles are done.
These were very good - We tried them both as pancakes and waffles and we liked the waffles better! They turned out golden brown due to the whole wheat flour. I followed the directions except for using the food processor instead of a blender for making the oat powder as well as mixing the remaining dry ingredients and the wet ingredients. (in different steps, of course) These were great topped with the Blueberry Sauce in #69850. Thanks for a great waffle recipe!