Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Wonderful, lightly scented bread. Great for mediterranean or italian meals.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Herbed Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- In large bowl, add water, yeast, salt, & honey, and mix well.
- Add oil, fresh chopped herbs, & garlic. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add half of flour to yeast mixture. Mix by hand.
- Add rest of flour gradually and continue kneading until dough is no longer sticky (7-8 minutes).
- Massage to form single free-form loaf.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place loaf in center of oven & bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
maybe I did something wrong, but I make bread nearly every sunday for dinner. This one was too tough and not flavorful, though it smelt wonderful baking.