Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful, lightly scented bread. Great for mediterranean or italian meals.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Herbed Garlic Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, add water, yeast, salt, & honey, and mix well.
- Add oil, fresh chopped herbs, & garlic. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Add half of flour to yeast mixture. Mix by hand.
- Add rest of flour gradually and continue kneading until dough is no longer sticky (7-8 minutes).
- Massage to form single free-form loaf.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place loaf in center of oven & bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
maybe I did something wrong, but I make bread nearly every sunday for dinner. This one was too tough and not flavorful, though it smelt wonderful baking.