Recipe by For Goodness Bake!
This is a great way to get a generous amount of whole grain for breakfast, without compensating for flavor or ease. Every Sunday, my benefactor and I make a special breakfast, and we were looking to switch up the usual menu. With a slight change to a simple pancake recipe, we added both the flavors of whole wheat and graham cracker to create the perfect mix. Both of us love graham cracker crumbs, so why not combine it with another favorite?! These have a great texture and flavor, and still hold there shape well when cooking! This recipe is easily doubled for more or hungrier people. *Whole wheat flour can but substituted for the all-purpose flour for a more grainier flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (to thin out batter a bit) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
OPTIONAL TO SERVE
- butter (to taste) (optional)
- maple syrup (to taste) (optional)
- graham cracker crumbs (to sprinkle atop) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flours, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, powder, and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, butter and egg until frothy.
- Combine milk mixture into the flour mix and stir until just combined. (try not to over-stir).
- Heat a non-stick skillet, spray with pam.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto skillet, cook until able to flip, cook for additional 1-2 minutes on other side.
- Flip onto plate and eat up!