1/9 Photos of Whole Wheat Flatbread
Susiecat too's Note:
Kind of like a chapati, a flat pita, or a whole wheat tortilla. It is thin, perfect for scooping up dips or rolling into wraps. You could probably make these on a grill, too, and they would be lovely. These turn out to be around 6- or 7-inch diameter breads, more or less. If you want larger breads (think burrito-sized) then cut these into 8-10 pieces instead of 12.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flours together.
- 2Mix salt into water to dissolve.
- 3Add water and oil to flour, mix well.
- 4Knead briefly on floured surface, let rest 10-15 minutes.
- 5Cut into 12 equal parts.
- 6Roll each flat, do not stack them.
- 7Cook on ungreased griddle, a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 8Optional - brush with melted butter or olive oil immediately after removing from griddle.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.7 g