Pol Roti (Coconut Flatbread)
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups rice flour or 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- water, as needed
- vegetable oil, as needed
- Sift flour into a bowl and mix in salt and coconut.
- Add as much water as needed to have a stiff dough that doesn't stick to your hands. knead well.
- Separate into even balls and flatted to make circles, 1/2" thick and 3 to 4" wide.
- Sear both sides on a hot frying pan or cast iron skillet abt 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked in middle.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this yesterday as a demonstration food at a cooking party. It went over well, and was simple to make. A few people didn't care for the consistency but we used more coconut in ours. We served it with chicken curry and various salsas. Fun to give it a try and there are a lot of variations that can be done. Thanks for posting this basic recipe, we'll use it again!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake and grill. I've been cooking since I was 6, (well with my easy bake oven, hehe)