Recipe by fresh fanatic
I love this bread! It's easy and quick, and my family loves it! This bread is somewhat sweet and is very tender. It tastes the best fresh from the oven. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup sour milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg white, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a baking sheet: set aside. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center, set aside.
- In another bowl combine the egg, buttermilk, and honey. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in raisins.
- Turn dough onto greased baking sheet. Pat with wet fingers to form a six-inch round (dough will be soft.) Brush with the egg white.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If necessary, cover bread with aluminum foil for the last five minutes to prevent overbrowning. Serve warm. Cut into slice or wedges to serve. Mmmm!