1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
These muffins are a rendition of another recipe, changed to South Beach Diet ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute, divided
- 3 tablespoons light butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, plus
- 1/3 cup light butter or 1/3 cup margarine, melted,divided
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Grease 12 muffin cups.
- 2In small bowl, combine pecans, oat flour, and 1/4 cup Splenda.
- 3Stir in 3 tbsp butter until mixture forms crumbs.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, baking soda, lemon zest, baking powder, salt, and remaining Splenda.
- 6In another bowl, whisk together sour cream, eggs, and remaining butter.
- 7Lightly stir into flour mixture.
- 8Fold in blueberries.
- 9Pour batter into muffin cups and sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- 10Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1019 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.8 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g