Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Best Zucchini Brownies recipe with slight modifications. They are very good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1⁄4 cups shredded zucchini, drained
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Soften butter. Cream sugar and butter.
- 2. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until blended.
- 3. Blend in remaining ingredients. Stir in zucchini last.
- 4. Spread in greased 13x9" pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or when inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Delicious and moist. Finally a brownie that has some nutrional value. I didn't feel so guilty eating them!
This was pretty good. I omitted the extra 1/2 cup of sugar and didn't miss it. I used wheat germ instead of all purpose flour since I didn't have any and I like the way it turned out. I purreed 4 baby zucchini instead of shredding since I don't care for green chunks and since that was all that I had, I was little short of the 2 1/4 cups called for. When I make this again I will try to add the full amount. I upped the cocoa level to 5 1/2 tblspoons and will do that again. I also added an extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips at the end. 30 min was the perfect amount of baking time. They were very moist and dense. They came out of the pan very easily. I will definitely try making these again. I made this in the