Rich Mann's Note:
Why pay $5.00 or more for a great pizza? Here's the best dough recipe you'll ever find for homemade pizza! I've been using this recipe for over three years on a weekly basis and I'm a bit of a pizza freak. This makes a medium crust, lightly crisp on the outside and a chewy texture. You MUST use the Semolina flour in the recipe as that's what provides the beautiful "chewy" texture. (If you can't find it locally, it's available on eBay, Amazon and other on line sellers) By "par-baking" and freezing the crusts, I can have a delicious, inexpensive homemade pizza in about 1/2 hour whenever the mood strikes - with no delivery charge! The 9-inch pie will satisfy two people quite nicely. You'll be able to make two 13-inch pies when guests are over which should satisfy the hunger of up to 8. Compliment this crust with "Ultimate Pizza Sauce" #114392. It's THE BEST! Also, quit using Mozzarella and switch to Provolone. Much more flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Add hot water (1 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs), sugar and yeast to your bread maker pan.
- 22. Add the three types of flours. Remember: it's the Semolina that makes this recipe unique.
- 33. Add the salt.
- 44. Process in the bread maker on the “Dough” setting including the rising time or process as you would by hand, allowing the dough to triple.
- 5When finished, the dough will be easy to work and slightly sticky. Rub your hands with olive oil so the dough doesn’t stick. For my use, I divide the finished dough into 4 pieces. Use olive oil to season 4, 9 inches cake pans and press the dough into each pan. Brush additional olive oil onto the top of each then cover the pans and let the dough raise again for about a half hour. You can also divide into two 13 inches crusts or one 16+ inches.
- 6Next, prick the dough with a fork to prevent air bubbles then par-bake the crusts for 5 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Place the cooked crusts on a rack and when cool, wrap with foil and freeze for use whenever you want a great pizza or let cool and make them right away! I've tried these not par-baking first but it seems par-baking makes the better "lite crunch" on the outside of the crust.
- 7When making a pizza from a frozen crust, thaw the crust first (in the microwave for 12 seconds on high). Place the crust back into the pan, which has again been seasoned with olive oil and also brush the top of the crust again. If you use a pizza screen, brush top and bottom. Apply the toppings of your choice and bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees (less time if using a screen). You’ll have a finished pizza that has a light crunch on the outside and a delightfully chewy texture. When checking cooking time, look for a golden brown edge on the crust.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat and Semolina Flour Pizza Dough
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g