1/1 Photo of Whole Oven Cooked Salmon
Here's a simple way to cook whole salmon. It's great as a centre piece for a garden party or buffet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the salmon and dry it well inside and out.
- 2Pour half the oil onto a large piece of strong foil.
- 3Place the fish in the centre and put a few slices of lemon inside the salmon.
- 4Put the remainder of the lemon slices on top of the salmon; season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Drizzle with the remainder of the oil & wrap up the foil to make a loose parcel.
- 6Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 7Place the salmon parcel on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8Turn off the oven, do not open the door; leave for several hours.
- 9To serve the same day, remove the foil and peel off the skin.
- 10If using the following day, leave the skin on and keep chilled in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Oven Cooked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 671.3
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.7 mg
- Sodium 201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 67.9 g