Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe - not sure where I found the original. So glad that I found it though, because I bought too many whole mung beans once upon a time and didn't know what in the world to do with them - if you have other recipes using whole mung beans, PLEASE let me know.
- Wash mung beans and rice until water is clear.
- Using a blender, put ginger, coconut, cilantro and 1/2 cup of water, blend till liquefied.
- Heat saucepan on medium heat, add ghee, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Add blended items to spices, then turmeric and salt, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add mung beans and rice and mix well, pour 6 cups of water, cover, bring to a boil (let boil for 5 minutes).
- Turn heat down low and cook, lightly covered, until mung and rice are soft (25-30 minutes).