Whole Lemon Grass Fish With Sticky Chilli Sauce
- Place the lemon grass pieces into the incisions in the snapper. Heat the oil in a large wok to 180c, or until a cube of bread browns in 15seconds when added to the oil.
- Deep-fry the fish until one side is crisp and golden. Turn and cook the other side. Carefully remove and drain on paper towel.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the wok and cook until golden. Remove.
- Do not overcook these or they will be bitter.
- Heat the extra oil in a saucepan, add the chilli, palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind concentrate and lime juice and stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce is syrupy. Pour the sauce over the crispy fish and serve immediately, garnished with the coriander leaves ad fried slices of shallot and garlic.