Recipe by rusted_essence
This comes from my slow cooker cookbook. I picked it up because I seem to find the same things on the websites. I have been trying different recipies and this one is to die for! I spiced the meat while it browned with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili onion and garlic powder, cilantro and chipotle. I used the jusice in the beans and tomatoes and drained the corn. I have this pan my mom gave me that makes three inch cylindrical bowls out of cornbread so I served this in those. This was just to die for! We are have dark truffle chocolate mousse for dessert. I hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce (i used this old el paso stuff i have used in other recipies)
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese (grated, the recipe asks for 4 cheese blend)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown meat and season.
- drain and place in sprayed slow cooker.
- add beans with liquid and tomatoes with liquid.
- drain the corn and add.
- add coarsely chopped onion
- enchilada sauce and a dasjh of water 1/3 c maybe.
- mix well cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
- shred cheese into soup after 6 hours and stir
- serve in cornbread bowls or whatever! let me know what you think of -- .