Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lively sauce without too much sweetness, but OH so GOOD! Created for a cooking class 2 years back.
- 2 bags cranberries (12 oz?)
- 2 large apples, your choice
- 2 seedless oranges
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 inches vanilla beans
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Cut the apples into chunks.
- Section just the pulp from the oranges.
- Pick over berries, discarding any that are spoiled.
- Put all the ingredients*except marmalade* into a large pan with water to barely cover the fruit.
- Cook until the berries pop and the apples are tender, stirring often.
- Remove vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Add the marmalade and cook into sauce.
- Serve hot or cold as desired.