Recipe by Sharon123
King Arthur Harvest Grains Blend isn't sold anymore(as far as I know), and I wanted something nutritious to add to my bread recipes, so I came up with this blend. I hope you enjoy! It adds flavor and crunch to your baked goods, not to mention great nutrition and fiber!
- 1⁄2 cup rye flakes
- 1⁄2 cup whole millet
- 1⁄2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup whole flax seed (or pulsed once or twice in a food processor just to break up some for better digestion)
- 1⁄8 cup whole sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 cup whole sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole poppy seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Start out by adding 2 tbls. whole grains blend per cup to your bread recipe. Increase the amount if you enjoy the results.
- Or just go ahead and add 1/2-2/3 cup to your favorite recipe. You won't be dissapointed!
- Another method is to pour 1 cup hot water over the 2/3 cup whole grains blend and soak overnight. Add to your bread mix. Make sure to subtract the 1 cup water and 2/3 cup flour from the recipe you are using. :).
- Keep in a tightly covered container(in the fridge is best).