Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Come On Over.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4-1 cup strawberry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients; stir until crumbly.
- Set aside 2 cups of mixture; press the remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread preserves over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cut into squares.