Recipe by NRG Tribe
If you have time to make your own crackers, these are vastly superior to anything you will currently find in the store. The flour is soaked first to inactive enzyme inhibitors and reduce anti nutrients. From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon.
- 591.47 ml freshly ground spelt flour or 591.47 ml kamut flour or 591.47 ml whole wheat flour or 591.47 ml rye flour
- 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 4.92 ml sea salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml melted coconut oil
- unbleached white flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with yogurt and leave in a warm place for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place soaked flour, salt, baking powder, and 1/4 cup coconut oil in food processor and process until well blended.
- Roll out to about 1/16 inch on a pastry cloth dusted with white flour to prevent sticking.
- Cut into 2-inch squares with a knife.
- Place on oiled cookie sheet, brush with remaining coconut oil and bake for several hours until completely dry and crisp.
- Store in an air tight container IN THE REFRIGERATOR.