Recipe by mandabears
This is superb! I could eat buckets of this! There are no Whole Foods near us, so I searched the Web and found the recipe on the Whole Food Web Site. Culinary homesickness is not a nice thing. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by jerseygirl1952
There is so much about this recipe that I love. All the flavors are spot on. What stoppped me from giving this five stars, is the chunk light tuna called for. I used very high quality tuna, but found the texture to be rather "mushy", which only increased after it marinated awhile. Because we liked the flavors so much, I next tried it with white tuna. This time the texture was more appealing, but the flavor wasn't as good. Well, the third times the charm. This time I made it as written but subbed canned salmon for the tuna. Fantastic. With the salmon, this is a five star recipe.
- 4 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, drained well
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Greek olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup basil, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper