Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Who Cares about the Calories????
- 400 g dark chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts or 1 cup almonds
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 1 1⁄3 cups caster sugar
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- When melted, remove from heat, add butter 1 tblsp at a time.
- Add water.
- Sift together nuts and flours.
- Beat egg yolks till thick, gradually fold in sugar until fluffy and light.
- Fold in chocolate mix.
- Add the flour mix and brandy.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into mix.
- Pour into a 25cm spring form tin and bake at 170 deg 45-50 min.
- This cake will not be set in the middle.
- Allow to cool in tin.
- Refridgerate over night before icing.
- Chocolate glaze Heat cream till nearly boiling, add the broken up chocolate and mix to combine.
- Pour over cake.
- Serving Suggestion: Top with berries before pouring on the sauce and then serve with heaps of whipped cream or ice cream.