1 hr 30 mins
Pvt Amys Mom's Note:
We make Christmas baskets every year and fill them with homemade "goodies". I am always looking for something fun and unusual to put in them. This jelly was well received and everyone liked it. You can substitute the white zinfandel with champagne, rose wine or sangria if you like. The original recipe came from the Sure-jell website. (Cooking time includes, prep, cooking and processing).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring boiling water canner, half-full with water, to simmer.
- 2Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water, rinse with warm water.
- 3Pour boiling water over the flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- 4Let sand in hot water until ready to use.
- 5Measure the wine into a 6 or 8 quart saucepan.
- 6Stir pectin into wine in the saucepan.
- 7Add butter (if desired) to reduce foaming.
- 8Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) on high leat, stirring constantly.
- 9Stir in all sugar quickly.
- 10Bring to full rolling boil and allow to boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- 13Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8" of rim.
- 14Wipe jar rims and threads.
- 15Screw bands tightly.
- 16Place jars on elevated rack in canner.
- 17Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches, add boiling water if needed.
- 18Cover, bring to a gentle boil and process for 5 minutes.
- 19Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely.
- 20After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger, if it springs back, it did not seal completely and refrigeration would be necessary.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Zinfandel Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.1
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 29.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 161.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine